David Thibault: Watch Canadian Elvis boy sing Blue Christmas
- David Thibault performs the classic song on radio while playing his guitar
- The French Canadian singer is just 16 years old
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 11:26 EST, 12 December 2013 | UPDATED: 11:50 EST, 12 December 2013
A Canadian teenager is giving impersonators a run for their money with his pitch-perfect rendition of the King's Blue Christmas.
Armed with his guitar like a young Presley, David Thibault, 16, sings the classic song to gobsmacked radio station staff at CKOI Quebec.
Close your eyes and the French-Canadian singer's voice is uncannily similar to the King of rock and roll.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
The King lives: David Thibault performed Blue Christmas on a radio show which shocked presenters
He even has the same mannerisms and iconic black quiff.
Blue Christmas was written by Billy Hayes and Jay W Johnson and is a tale of unrequited love during
The song was first recorded by Doye O'Dell in 1948 but Elvis made it his own in 1957 for his LP Elvis' Christmas Album which secured the song as a Christmas classic.
In 1999 Low covered the song on their album Christmas.
Even before Elvis died, there were 185 Elvis impersonators worldwide.
Thirty six years on there are more than 200,000 and the numbers are rising.
As the Reverend Steve Caprice - winner of Best Gospel Award 2007 - put it: 'If things carry on like this, by 2020, one in four people will be an Elvis Tribute Artist.'
Similarities: The French-Canadian singer's voice is uncanny to the King of Rock and Roll
Impressed: The presenters clapped after the 16-year-old finished performing the song
David Thibault even has the same mannerisms of Elvis and iconic black quiff
Born on January 8, 1935, in Tupelo, Mississippi, Elvis Presley came from very humble beginnings and grew up to become one of the biggest names in rock 'n' roll.
By the mid-1950s, he appeared on the radio, television and the silver screen.
Elvis was found dead on his bathroom floor at the age of 42 at his Memphis mansion Graceland in August 1977.
BLUE CHRISTMAS - THE LYRICS
I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue just thinking about you
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Wont be the same dear, if you're not here with me
And when those blue snowflakes start falling
That's when those blue memories start calling
You'll be doin' all right, with your Christmas of white
But I'll have a blue, blue blue blue Christmas
You'll be doin' all right, with your Christmas of white,
But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Highway to heaven: Ohio biker to be buried astride his 1967 Harley-Davidson in a huge transparent casket
- Sony World Photography Awards capture everyday struggles across the world
- Rise of the me first mothers: Changing nappies in restaurants. Brazenly promoting their little darlings. CATHERINE OSTLER identifies an infuriating new breed of parent
- Boss of Indian car giant Tata dies 'in fall from hotel balcony' on business trip to Bangkok
Paradise Lost: Haunting images of historic manor house once home to poet John Milton that has lain abandoned since 1987 which still has pictures on the wall, letters strewn about and an empty pram (5.00)
- Meet Lauren Cosgrove, pregnant fiancee of overnight USA hockey hero TJ Oshie 6
- Want to lose weight? Try turning your heating down: Being cold is a 'cheap way to get slim' 4
- The killer interview questions you should ask every candidate 4
- Argentinian couple are the world's most inked lovebirds with more than three-quarters of their bodies covered 3
- Baltimore Ravens' Ray Rice arrested for fight with fiancee Janay Palmer 3
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
- 'She's a model. She takes pictures for a living': Miami Dolphins player forced to defend girlfriend after she posts breastfeeding picture on Instagram
- Pistorius shot bullet out of car sunroof after getting angry that a police officer had touched his gun, his ex-girlfriend tells murder trial
- 'Little Pompeii' unearthed 40 miles northeast of Venice: Flood destroyed and preserved Roman funerary complex
- Dumb Britain: Beautician laughs off Twitter storm after mistakenly spelling Barack Obama as Barraco Barner....and sparks the inevitable parody accounts
- General Jeffrey Sinclair pleads guilty to having improper relationships with female officers
- Children of woman who went missing 13 years ago set up tip-line as dad faces THIRD trial for her murder
- Scientists say sea's surface helps clear up smog while we sleep
- Peeing in pool could be bad for health and cause respiratory problems
- The automated 'fish rigs' that could farm Salmon in the North Sea